Tempest took another swig of the usual flask, healing his wounds. “That was an unnecessary battle.” he sighed to himself. He then stepped into the heart of the ruins to find the source of Gust’s medicine. Not seeing a trace, he walked along further until he came upon a battered chest. He placed a hand on it’s top and opened it. A small cloud of dust rose from the belly of the chest. Tempest coughed slightly to free his lungs from the intruding dirt. Once it had cleared he looked inside. All he could see was a sand-stained piece of clothing laying over something he couldn’t quite make out. He squinted to see the outlines of what was hidden before it started to move. Tempest was taken aback from the movement, fearing a monster had found a way to make the chest it’s nest. His hunch was half right as a small white furry creature struggled from under the cloak-like cloth. It’s made a small almost cat like mew as it stretched out to reveal feathered wings and a reptilian-like body. “You’ve got to be kidding me..” Tempest muttered under his breath, “Not another one!” With that he placed a hand against on his head and rubbed his head as if to say “now how am I going to get out of this one?”.
“What are you referring to?” The little creature spoke as it flew into the air shaking the sand and dust off of it’s fur. Two black horns jutted back from it’s skull with a golden fur crest in the middle.
“I just had to deal with a baby dragon and now another…” Tempest sneered.
The dragon’s face turned to an angry glare while it kept itself hovered in the air, “ I am NOT a baby!”
The voice that it produced was not like the little red he had just released to it’s mother. It was feminine, like a grown woman’s sullen voice. “I’ve never heard of an adult dragon that was as small as a baby.” Tempest exclaimed looking her over, “In fact your even smaller then a baby. Not even as familiars do dragons stay that small.”
“Regular dragons that is.” The small dragon’s lips seemed to withdraw back into a smile, “But I’m no ordinary dragon or familiar for that matter.”
“Then what are you?” Tempest responded puzzled.
The dragon’s smile had not wavered, “ A messenger.”
Tempest looked at her strangely, “ A messenger of what?”
“Now is not the time for you to know…” The dragon said as it landed on the ground. The dragon’s response bewildered Tempest, he had no idea what this meant.
The white dragon-beast used it’s long neck to peer over the edge of the chest from the outside. “Can you reach in there for me?” It asked motioning with it’s head.
Tempest approached the battered chest again and kneeled down as the small creature moved out of the way, “What is it that I’m looking for?”.
“A jewel… Rather large and clear.” The small dragon said a little ambitious. Tempest reached in, removing a few things. Some clothing, pieces of useless jewelry and a painted picture of a middle age couple, yellowed and falling apart with age. The small dragon seemed to gaze at the painting as if remembering something that had been forgotten a long time ago.
Tempest took little noticed as he came across a green gemmed pendant, “Oh! I found a ansithis pendant. Good for warding off poison.”. He pocketed the pendant into his satchel and continued to search. He finally found what the dragon had described, A palm sized, clear and diamond cut jewel shone in the sunlight. He lifted it up and the creatures eyes migrated to it.
“Yes! That’s it!” It claimed, “Now you must help me take it to..”
“Wait a minute.. I haven’t found what I was originally looking for before I freed you from that chest. Besides that, I don’t even know your name.” He stared at the small creature expecting answers.
“I suppose your right. My name is White Glory. I’m looking for a series of jewels that radiate a certain amount of magic within them. However, they can’t quite be activated till they are gathered together. This stone is one of them. Also, if you haven’t already guessed, I am a female and am not to be mistaken with those beasts everyone calls dragons.” She said with a snort, “Now what was it that you were looking for?”
“Daekeon flowers. I need them to make medicine for a sick.. Family member..” Tempest responded.
“I have heard of those flowers you mentioned. They are known to bloom in this area. Although most of the monsters have ravaged them by now… I do know of one place where they do not touch them though. You’ll have to trust me.” White Glory started off, flying behind the ruins into the wooded area, “Come.. It’s safe on this path.”
Tempest had followed the small dragon towards a small opening near the edge of the woods. It was blooming with flowers and small animals fluttered or skittered about. Various moss covered stones outlined the clearing and protected it’s contents. “The monsters can’t seem to stand to be inside the ring of rocks. Only the normal animals enter here.” White Glory motioned towards the stones. Tempest glanced over the contained meadow searching for the flowers he needed. There were so many different kinds and he had no idea which ones to pick. White Glory flew somewhat ahead of him to a medium sized patch of vibrant purple flowers, “Here.. These are the ones.”
“Thank you.” Tempest acknowledged his appreciation and plucked a few flowers from the ground one he reached the patch.
White Glory’s blank green eyes stared at Tempest as he finished placing the flowers in his satchel. “Now that I’ve helped you.. Can you help me once again?” She asked.
“With finding the jewels?” Tempest asked running it through his mind as her head bobbed up and down in a nod, “Let me worry about this first. Then we can discuss this… Your welcome to follow me home, unless you have a home of your own to go to?”.
Her expression mimicked one of concern, “I have no home to go to anymore. All I have left is this mission I’m on, that’s all…. I appreciate your invite and I think I will take it.”.
“Well then.” Tempest sighed, “ Let’s get going then.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment