Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chapter 4 (part 6)

Flora shot Tempest an angered glance and then muttered underneath her breath once again. However, Tempest wasn’t concerned with the thought as he was watching Glory mushroom in the old fairy’s hands expand and take on another form. The smooth spongy surface became feathered as the gold color shrank slightly letting the white take over. It grew the compact shape of the mushroom into that of her former self. Her wings tucked as she once again became the dragon he met her as. Her green eyes opened as she began to lift her head. She let out a dazed yawn and looked about. Blinking as she took in the new scenery she freed herself from the elder’s grasp and flew about. “Wha- What? What am I doing here?” She managed to squeak out as her voice readjusted itself.

The elder laughed again, a little louder this time, “It seems she’s returned to normal. I’m glad, I almost thought my magic had gotten rusty. Yet, my question has still gone unanswered. What will you do Tempest? Will you take her with you or not?”

Tempest, although slightly relieved that White Glory was back to normal, let his thoughts wrap around the question. To him, there was really no point in bringing Flora along. She attacked them out of the blue and turned White Glory into a mushroom. As from the hints the elder had been dropping it seems she was quite the troublemaker. However, If he refused, what would happen to her? She had been forbidden from the village once already and now it seems she would be banished from the forest as well. Then what? She may be a troublemaker, but she would still need somewhere to go. Even more so, what would happen to her if she were left to the harsh world outside of the forest.

Despite all the negatives, Tempest made a decision and sighed, “I.. I will let her come with us. Although I’m not sure how I can be guaranteed to stay out of trouble. Or that she won’t give us any.”

“Hmmm.. I can exactly assure that, but I can give you these for your trouble.” the elder said reaching in what had to be a pocket. He took out three things; a ring, a potion bottle, and a dull green jewel. White Glory repositioned herself on Tempest’s Shoulder. Her eyes stared intently at the green stone. Her tail twitched nervously with excitement. Tempest accepted them and then walked over towards the guard that had Flora’s single binding. The guard handed it to him and he held it in his hand.

The old fairy reached for his staff and returned it to an upright position. He motioned to Flora, “If you ever want a chance to redeem yourself, then I suggest you stay with them. As for you three as a group, I will have Birch guide you to the exit. There. You can place your hand on the medallion he should have given you and say ‘ymen’ and it’ll return you back to your original size. If you wish to shrink for any reason and have anyone else shrink with you as well. Have them touch you, touch the medallion, and then say ‘hasirn’. They basically mean grow and shrink. Now.. Be off with you. Your presences here have already caused quite a stir.”

The elder quickly waved them away and tried to stand. His assistants quickly came to his side to help him up. Birch nodded towards Tempest, “Follow me… You three must leave here as soon as possible.” However, it seemed kind of useless to tell them that as four of the guards that had kept steady eyes and hands followed behind them as well. Perhaps to make sure they didn’t try anything else.

No comments: