Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chapter 4 (part 7)

When all three reached the exit, Tempest held onto White Glory as he took the medallion off his neck and held it firmly in his other hand. “ymen” he spoke. Once again his body began to tingle, but this time everything became smaller as he and Glory returned to their original size. Tempest quickly tucked the medallion into his bag where he had already put the other three things given to him away. Flora, now loosed from her single binding, just sat on top of Tempest’s other shoulder; boiling in her own anger. As they exited the forest with Birch and the other fairy guards guarding it from their reentry, she spat out, “Stupid Tendril, always treating me like I’m some stupid kid… I’m a hundred and sixty years old for pete’s sake! It’s not my fault I caught someone sneaking through the forest!”

“Tendril?” White Glory asked ignoring the rest of her ranting.

“The elder.. He doesn’t like anyone using his real name so he has them all call him elder.”

“Can’t imagine why…” Glory chuckled, “Besides, are you really going to stay with us?”

“I have no where else to go..”

“Hmmm… Tempest.. Can I see that jewel.”

Tempest reached into his bag again. And brought out the green jewel that was given to them. Along with that he took out the ring and Flora’s belongings. He passed Flora her things and then examined the ring as Glory examined the jewel in her claws. “You can probably have these back as long as you don’t cause trouble.” He told the little fairy and then exclaimed, “Oh! A fire resist ring.. That may be handy.”

Flora grabbed her things and quickly put them on. “Thank you..” She mumbled under her breath and then sat still as Tempest continued to walk.

Glory seemed to be pleased with her finding. “Yes! This is it!”

“Is it what we were looking for?” Tempest half assumed

“Yes. Very much So. Now we have to find the rest.”

“Any idea where the next one is?”

She looked straight ahead of them, squinted a bit, looked around, and then straight again. “We need to go into some mountains. However, I can’t think of the location right now. I think my head is still fuzzy from being mushroomtized. We have to travel east a bit more. I know that much for sure, but we may have to travel a little north too..”

“So North East then?”

“I would assume so.”

No comments: